Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our New Succulents

Hi friends. Today I'm over at The Girl Creative sharing the Top 5 Plants a Black Thumb (like me) won't kill.

Top 5 Houseplants you won't kill | Home Coming

I’ve killed hundreds of plants in my 30 years (and even a couple of goldfish, but that’s another story) and I’m not proud of it. Growing up, my mom had the most beautiful gardens and she made it look effortless. But me? I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t even get indoor plants to stay alive, let alone an entire outdoor garden worth!

But with the help of my mom, I've learned and have found 5 household plants that I can actually keep alive!!  My favorite being the ever-popular succulent. 

I bought me up a couple succulents for $2.99 while I was at Ikea over the weekend, and planted them in some cute Target pots.

So simple.

Pot + Dirt + Succulent = magic.

How to plant succulents

Be sure to check out my Top 5 Plants a Black Thumb Won't Kill over at The Girl Creative today!

5 Houseplants you Won't Kill Feature

Linking up to: Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style,

9 comments:

  1. So cute and we are loving those pots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this. Considering I am the world's worst plant caregiver....this is good to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kill the crap out of plants too. And unfortunately that's included succulents for me. I have only had success with my peace Lilly, mass cane, and Philodendron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can keep almost any plants alive except succulents. For some reason I always kill them - probably too much water. Love the flower pots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am smitten over some succulents!! They are perfect for this purple-thumbed gal!! Thanks for linking up at our Monday Funday party!!! I will be featuring your post next Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just been over and read your list, I would add spider plant as it is so good tempered and forgives almost any amount of neglect. Succulents are super easy and look really good to. I am a teeny bit concerned that you planted them straight into your lovely pots though. I would have left them in their flower pots and put those in the pretty pots. ( a double layer, maybe even putting some gravel in the bottom of the nice outside layer pot.) You really need some drainage, if you water those pots a lot now the roots will be sitting in wetness that they might not like.
    That said, as long as you don't over water they will probably be just fine and they do look lovely. Feel free to ignore me, it was my Nan who had the really green fingers in our family - she could make anything grow, it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently there is such a thing as too much love because I have killed many succulents in my time (too much water). But I've gotten the hang of it now and know to let them dry out between watering. Now I have a massive succulent collection.
    Thanks for sharing - I found you via the Design Dining and Diapers link party and am now a follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these sweet little succulents! I just bought and planted some today! I'm so glad that I clicked on your link at the Keeping It Simple linky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always joke that I have a brown thumb, and so succulents are definitely the plants for me!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS