Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY Weekend Projects

DIY Weekend Projects


 I think I love wallpaper. I'm not completely decided yet, but I think I do. I know there's a stigma against wallpaper because everyone rips it down when they purchase a house, and people's styles are always different, but I'm really thinking I want to wallpaper a room in our house. Or maybe just a wall.

I've tried the alternative to wallpapering - stenciling - and I did terrible at it. Absolutely horrific. More on that next week... But, wallpaper. What do you guys think? Is it a yay or a nay (understanding that we're hoping to sell our house in the next couple years).

6 comments:

  1. Try wallpapering the back of a bookcase first. It can still give you that pop of decorative texture and pattern you are going for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After peeling down wallpaper from six (!!!) rooms in our house, we decided that if we ever made an offer on another house with wallpaper, there would be a contingency that it be completely removed, with walls primed, before we would ever sign on the dotted line. It's taken 40+ hours per room!

    I can agree that some of it is pretty, but I think similar looks could be achieved with drapes or lining a bookcase. Or what about wall decals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE wallpaper. A friend of mine wallpapered one wall in her entryway and it looks fantastic,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wallpapering can be great! It is not always easy and I have been told it can lead to divorce if done with a spouse. ;-) However, some of the best designers use it and the impact is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think I like wallpaper. But I haven't ever taken any down. I think it often looks amazing, but I also think it could be a turn-off for a lot of buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all give such great feedback and thoughts. Thank you SO much for helping! I'm not 100% decided yet, but I'm thinking wallpaper may be on hold until we find our "forever" home.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS