Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Shop the Room: Living Room

Now that our living room is almost complete, I thought I'd share the details of all our work over the last eight months as well as the officially unofficial Before and After photos.

Shop the Room Living Room

1 // DIY Whiteboard // I'm a list maker, so of course I want a gigantic list hanging on my living room wall! I DIY'ed this beauty in our last place, painted the frame white, and brought it on into our house.

2 // Couch/Foot Pillows // We like to kick off our shoes and throw our feet up on the table after a long day's work. So with a coffee table instead of an ottoman, we needed cushions to protect our little footsies. You can buy these foot pillows slash couch pillows at World Market here.

3 // Yellow Throw Pillows // I knew I wanted yellow to be our second accent color in the room, and searched for months for the perfect yellow pillows. Luckily I stumbled upon these two at Marshalls!

4 // DIY Couch Sleeve // Our little living room doesn't allow for an end table on each side of the couch, so Justin made this couch sleeve so he had a place for his beer.

5 // DIY Coffee Table // We decided to DIY this beauty after seeing that my dream coffee table was over $300. And we saved nearly $250 DIY'ing it!!

6 // Patterned Area Rug // I'm in LOVE with my Tuscan La Bella patterned rug from RugsUSA.com. Cheers to 50% + Free Shipping!

7 // Grey Sectional // We bought this dual pebble sectional at CB2 as a discounted floor sample because they were updating it's style. The store salesman stated that people were having problems with the buttons falling off. But at a $500 discount, we'll deal with the buttons that will have fallen off. We have four fallen soldiers to date.

8 // DIY Pink Lamp // Pink is my main accent color, and what better way to accent a room than with a bright lamp!

9 // DIY Striped Curtains //  These curtains took me forever to DIY - but they were worth it!  And check out how I lengthened them here

Other living room projects that you can't see in this photo? The Hanging J and Decorated Door!

Update: We've had a few requests for the paint color that we have in this room. It's Behr Spirited Green, and we love it! 

IMG_5823
Living Room After

And if you want to see the in-between progress photos, check out this post.

Now, I promise I'll stop posting about my living room every.single.day. On to the next room!

p.s. Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win $100 worth of pillows at Southern Shades! Enter through this post

10 comments:

  1. Your living room looks fun! :) I appreciate the yellow accents, and even the unexpected pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, did you take out a wall?? Love the new wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Yes, a wall came down and it opened the space up SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so good! I love the wall color, the couch, the fun pop of pinky coral on the door, and the couch sleeve. whew. that was a lot to love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the rug and rugs USA! i also diy'ed my own striped curtains cause you can't find panels taller than 96" for under $50 ea! i had 6 to buy! let me tell you how long that took...:) great room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it sad?! With the trend of long curtains, you'd think stores would start selling them!

      Delete
  6. That looks great. So much more open, and everything works great together. Did you happen to get your couch from Vandenberg Furniture?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious what wall color you used? I absolutely love it - would love to use something similar for my craft room that's next on my diy list :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! I love the colours, and I just noticed the pink on the door, great little touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a great job. Great transformation. Keep up the good work.
    http://www.universalwindowslasvegas.com/products/doors

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS