Monday, April 1, 2013

The DIY'ers

The DIY'ers

Welcome to The DIY'ers.

I'm finally ready to share my final product of the DIY Striped Curtains that I sneak peek'ed last week.

This was one helluva DIY that kept me busy for almost an entire week. The hard work paid off though, with some pretty kick ass looking curtains.

See?



IMG_7425
IMG_7424
curtains

Mom and I first went in search of grey & white striped fabric to then sew longer curtains than what we could find in stores, but after coming up empty, we decided to buy standard white curtains and paint the grey stripes ourselves.

Based on the length of the curtains (84 inches) I decided I wanted 7 inch stripes of white & grey.

We measured and marked out 7 on the curtains then used blue painters tape to mark our lines like so, making sure that every other stripe was the full 7 inches, taped for the grey stripes.

IMG_7403

We then used a roller brush to paint on the grey stripes. We did two coats for each stripe, which honestly took forever.  And now that I have the curtains hung, I realize I probably should have done a third coat but just don't have the energy or ambition to do so.

IMG_7405

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! While they are a little see through in some of the grey stripes, I'll likely just add a screened curtain behind to solve that problem.  

And now it's your turn! Show off your latest DIY projects below. 

The DIY'ers


The Rules? They're simple!
  1. Take a picture of your DIY and link it up below. 
  2. Text link back to Home Coming or pick up The DIY'ers button from the left sidebar and include it in your post so others can get involved in The DIY'ers.
  3. Become a follower of Home Coming. I'd love to have you! 

29 comments:

  1. These turned out so pretty! From the pictures you showed, I think two coats turned out really nice! Love the gray and white :)

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! A third coat would have done wonders, but I'm pretty darn happy with two. Especially if it means I didn't have to paint any more. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the curtains!!

    Thanks for the invite to your party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the curtains! thanks for the invite to your party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invite! I like the curtains and really need to make some for our dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love everything about this room! Thanks for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invite!

    Amanda
    - cupcakesandcorndogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the invite! I'm excited to add your party to my favs. I LOVE the curtains! I totally want to do some of these in my kitchen. Maybe I'll do it now after seeing how great yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining Kara! Happy to hear I could be of some inspiration.

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for inviting me to your link party! I just linked up my doily lantern bowls. And I love your curtains too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite...love finding fellow MN blogs!!

    Aimee@TheVintageEstate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are actually quite a few MN bloggers that I've stumbled upon lately. More than I would have expected!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the invite and for hosting!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the curtains! Thank you so much for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your curtains look amazing! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your curtains and your blog! Thank you so much for hosting!! New GFC and Facebook follower. I also added your button to my party page. :)

    I host a party every Sunday, and I would love for you to join me.

    Kathy
    www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and I'll definitely link up!

      Delete
  14. The curtains look amazing! I also wanted to stop by and thankmyounfor stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm thinking about making some of these for my bedroom--yours look awesome! I popped over from Give Me the Goods Monday! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The curtains look great! And I really LOVE the color of your walls. It's one of my favorite colors. Thanks for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too!! I love daring colors and mint is one of my favs.

      Delete
  17. Wow! Turned out A-mazing!!! Thanks for linking up at the Give Me The Goods Link Party! I'm a new follower and hope to be back to link up with you!
    www.dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love you page !! Kelley @ The Upholsters Wife

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone!! They were so much work it's AMAZING to hear that they turned out good. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! and introducing me to yours! Excellent remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG I love your curtains! Such a great idea. I am so going to try this with my boring old curtains!

    Stephanie @ Mommyzoid

    ReplyDelete
  22. What Brand and Type of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS