Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIY Tote

If I haven't already told you enough, my best friend's Bachelorette party was in Vegas last weekend. We decided to have a pre-party in my room where we'd play games, embarrass the Bachelorette, drink and get all dolled up together. So, I made all of the girls a tote to help carry all of their things back to their rooms before our night out on the town.

It was a really simple DIY and they turned out beautifully, but it was a little time consuming since I had nine to make! Here's how I did it.

DIY Totes


Materials:
Canvas Totes
Fabric Paint
Painters Tape
Paint Brush

Instructions:
Tape off the outline you'd like on the canvas bag. I wanted my colors to touch, so I taped off one color at a time.

IMG_7108

Insert a piece of scrap paper or wax paper in the inside of the tote so the color doesn't bleed to the other side.

IMG_7110

Allow for each color to dry before removing the tape and reapplying for the next color outline.

IMG_7112

Allow to dry. Take off the tape and you're done!!

IMG_7308

5 comments:

  1. That's a very cute tote! I hope it's ok that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here's the link for details: http://diywithjenandb.blogspot.com/2013/03/kim-at-colors-mixed-together-nominated.html

    Jenny at diywithjenandb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, and the nomination! I appreciate it!!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I have been looking for totes like this and you just gave me a great idea, thanks!

    I'm having a giveaway over at my blog, so check it out!

    http://cloverandmustard.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-few-of-my-favorites-giveaway.html

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold color of these. So cool. I would love it if you would share this over on my link party.

    http://ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuesday-link-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS